Upper Primary and Secondary
Geography is the study of Earth. It is divided into two main parts, Human Geography and Physical Geography. In primary students learn some general concepts of geography in social studies.
Keeping this Fatemi Philosophy (Muntalaq Islami) in mind students in upper primary and secondary levels begin to learn geography from Class V as a subject and deal with all its aspects in considerable detail.
In Physical Geography they learn about the
- Structure of Earth,
- Formation of rocks and their different types,
- Different landforms (Rivers, Mountains, Plateau, Deserts, Oceans, Forests etc)
- Natural Disasters
- Atmosphere &
- Weather and Climate
In Human Geography they learn about the
- Map reading skills
- Renewable and Non Renewable Resources
- Environmental Pollution and Issues
- Population &
The following syllabus is being currently followed in Al Madrasa for Geography:
|Oxford Primary Geography Book 1
Excel in Geography Book 1
Excel in Geography Book 2
Excel in Geography Book 3
Pakistan Studies (Class IX)
Pakistan studies is a compulsory subject studied in Class IX. The following aims and objectives are stated in the National Curriculum for Pakistan Studies:
The objectives of teaching Pakistan Studies at the secondary level given in the National Curriculum document (2002) are as follows:
- To inculcate the sense of gratitude to Almighty ‘Allah’ for His blessings.
- To emphasize learning of various concepts regarding Pakistan Studies in a way that it encourages observation, creativity and other higher order thinking.
- To promote the understanding of Ideology of Pakistan, struggle of Muslims for emergence of an ideological state, and efforts for achieving the goals of Islamization.
- To enhance the understanding of physical and human aspects of Pakistan Geography.
- To develop an awareness regarding some socio-cultural aspects of the civic life and a positive attitude towards the role of the people in the development of society.
- To create awareness about current socio-cultural and socio-economic patterns of society.
- To understand Pakistan’s international relations.