19th March 2017
STORIES ARE MEMORABLE
STORIES TRAVEL FARTHER
STORIES INSPIRE ACTION
Children have an innate love of stories which creates for them a sense of wonder in the world. It is a unique way for students to develop an understanding, respect and appreciation for others which promotes a positive attitude.
Young learners at Al-Madrasa-tus-Saifiya-tul-Burhaniyah experience a remarkable variety of storytelling in their daily routine. It is a tool used to shape their thoughts and feelings in a positive manner.
To share the joy of “Reading together’’ MSB held a program called “Storytorium” on 19th March 2017 at MSB school.
A peep into the “Storytorium Day”
- Parents walked in with enthusiasm and zeal, they were provided with a bookmark and the title of the story.
- An interactive session based on the benefits of Riwayat and Storytelling was held.
- Emphasis was laid on enhancing listening and speaking skills at the Pre-Primary Level.
- 55 story stations were set up. Richly equipped with props, puppets, realia, backdrops, script (Book) with Muntalaq e Islami and moral values.
- The parents enjoyed the joy of reading together with family with hands on experience.
- Lastly our esteemed guests had put their feelings on paper (Comment Sheet)
- To have a lasting memory of the ‘Storytorium Program’ parents took pictures with our innovative photo booths..
Lastly research by scientists has proven that children who have fiction read to them regularly find it easier to understand other people –they show more empathy and have a better developed ability of the mind.